Swing path

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

boggiesnomore Oct 19, 2017
    Hi Ross
    I have a question on swing path. I naturally bring the club a bit outside on the takeaway I am a left-handed person who swings right-handed so for me the pull across the body left feels more powerful. I would like to hit a fade all the time but I don’t any suggestions on having a consistent ball flight.
    Thanks, Frank

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Oct 19, 2017
    If you’re talking about using my method, we don’t use the arms/hands to takeaway the club so it would not go “outside” on the takeaway (the hands/arms do that). There in lies the rub. We use the shoulders to move the arms/club (Large Muscles). If you learn to start and use the shoulders for the backswing, you’ll see and feel a much different result…. THEN, on the downswing, you’ll be able to use the body, unwinding, to move the arms/club to the left (not using the arms to pull the club). The reason you can’t fade is your arms are passing the body’s rotation and then closing the club face. It is much easier to keep the club face open a bit for a cut, when you keep rotating through impact to the finish, while maintaining a slightly open club face. The body slightly leads* the arms/club through impact, as it unwinds.

* This is hard to explain… the arms are not left behind, and are in front of the body, but everything is not exactly lined up. The arms/club are catching up and the body is controlling the arms all the way to the finish.

Anthony225 Oct 30, 2017
    Ross,
    From review of videon, my backswing appears to be too flat. I try turning shoulders only and my shoulders still rotate flat and gets too far behind me. I’m strugging to fix it. I’ve done the large muscles drill many times and I believe I do it correctly. When I lower the club thing go awry.

RossRoss
    Keymaster

One thing you may check is that your upper arms are on top of your pecs and not to the side. If you start with your arms out in front of you, take your grip and make sure your elbows are close, then let that hang, you upper arms should be on top of your pecs. Then you can sit down athletically to the ball. You can watch the Athletic Setup Lesson Video if you’re not sure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.