Straight right arm after impact

Home Forums Ask Ross or View Student Q&A Straight right arm after impact

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Duke Aug 19, 2020

In my driver swing I notice I do not straighten my right arm after impact. Almost as if I’m stopping up on the ball on follow through. Is this because I chicken wing it and pull my right arm or is my right arm not extending cause this and maybe a small chicken wing?

Any drills to help ensure a straight right arm after impact (right hand golfer). I am hitting mostly toe shots so maybe that is because I’m having an out to in swing. Which I was thinking is partly because of not having a straight right arm after impact?

RossRoss
    Keymaster

I’d like to offer advise, but unless I see all of your swing and what is going with your total body, I’d be speculating. A straight arm is a result of other actions (not something you do). One thing I can tell you, is that after impact, your front arm elbow (left arm elbow for a right hander) will point towards the ground and fold for the back arm to straighten out. If your elbow is pointing out, more than likely you have the “chicken wing” action. Many times this if from the body not rotating all the way to the finish and the arms try to help by and pull across the body. This can cause your toe hit… but keep in mind, there are other reasons for a toe hit too.

Duke Aug 19, 2020
    I do see my elbow pointing out and then back on my follow through so it may be from a chicken wing effect. I will try rotating my elbows towards my hips more at setup. Any other chicken wing drills you suggest?

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Aug 19, 2020
    Here are some Lesson Videos that will help… “The Elbows” in the Setup section. “The Squeeze Squeeze Drill” in the Drills section. “Constant Elbows Pressure” in the Swing section.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.