Start of the Swing

Home Forums Ask Ross or View Student Q&A Start of the Swing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

alanschulte Mar 21, 2021
    Ross: I’m still scraping rust off from a winter’s inactivity. Initially I found I was getting too handsey on the takeaway and in remedying that by keeping the club square to the line by having my left golf glove face the ground longer, I noticed that my left shoulder dipped slightly and my right shoulder raised slightly. (Mirror work) Is this something that I should be concerned about? My ball striking improved but did notice those couple of facts or is it something to not worry about? Thank you.

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Mar 21, 2021
    Watch “The Shoulder Turn” Lesson video so you’re sure you’re turning your shoulders around your spine, not rocking them down and up. I’m sure your ball striking will improve when you start the backswing using the Shoulders (Large Muscles) and not the hands. Also, make sure you’re not resting the club on the ground at setup… the makes the hands have to get involved. The club head should just be floating on top of the grass so it won’t stub on the way back. Golfers that are not in an Athletic position often subconsciously lean on the club at setup. You want to find balance at setup.

Thanks Ross: Two great pointers.

Dan Mar 23, 2021
    Yeah, Ross, thanks for the reminders!

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Hey Dan
    Hope you’re doing good! We’re doing great!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.