Stance Width

Home Forums Ask Ross or View Student Q&A Stance Width

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Richard Jul 15, 2014
    Hi Ross,

Kinda different but had a question about stance width. Not sure if others have wondered about this. Never really seen it mentioned unless I missed something somewhere. Or maybe I’m just a weirdo…

Using your method I’ve gotten from a 15 to a 5. But I could never feel comfortable or can get consistent with my stance width. I know it’s important because it relates to knee bend and tilt, and therefore a proper finish.

Do have a tip or a feeling for this? (if what I’m sayin even makes sense). Could we just choke up on all clubs to make them the same length, in a way, keeping a consistent stance width, knee bend and tilt? Would distance decrease by choking up? (was actually thinking clubs of all the same length would probably be awesome for a repeatable address position)

Thank you so much in advance…thought maybe you had some thoughts/feelings you would use for a repeatable stance

Jay

p.s. thanks for your patience, Ross

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Watch this:

Morten1969 Jul 23, 2016
    I’m wondering about that too and the only thing you answered was about the setup with the video not widths of the stances with different clubs…???

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Jul 23, 2016
    I don’t go into detail about stance, because everyone is a little different and since we keep 60% weight forward, the ball is played pretty much just inside the front foot. I do talk about stance some in the video “Ball Position and Front Hip Rotation” in the Swing Section (about 1:30 min. in). Here is a hint: If you were to throw a ball, you would not worry about stance width. You’d get comfortable so you could unwind around the “lead leg”. The same thing happens with different clubs. As the clubs get longer, you’ll adjust your “back foot” for comfort… a little bit wider. Then as they get shorter, that back foot comes in where it is comfortable to rotate. It is easier than you think…hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.