SHOULDERS alone backswing

Home Forums Ask Ross or View Student Q&A SHOULDERS alone backswing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Femgolf1 May 05, 2021
    My Teacher and Mentor. This more of a message of appreciation. If you remember I have been worried and transferred the worries to you about my iron shorts @ball striking. Lately I decided to review my understanding of your method and I discovered thatthat my problem had been Hands and Arms participating in the backswing lifting, HINGING etc albeit subconsciously.
    Immediately I tried to use the SHOULDERS alone, I mean ALONE on the backswing, and ROTATING through to FINISH and of course obeying other things in your method, I started having unbelievable results.@ Pure iron SHOTS with tidy devots.
    How can I improve on the SHOULDERS alone backswing because it’s a BREAKTHROUGH I dont want to loose but rather improve on. Any drill or whatever?

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross May 05, 2021
    Great to hear. Time and Effort. Practice just the start using the shoulders while the lower body resists just a little. Then do it again and again. No need to practice the whole swing… practice just the start or the takeaway to help teach the shoulders to take control. Also, The Large Muscles Drill, The Stop Rotate Drill and The Ross Move Drill should help.

Femgolf1 May 05, 2021
    Which one is the Stop Rotate drill. I have been doing the others.
    Thanks for your PATIENCE.

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross May 05, 2021
    It is in the Member’s area… Practice Drills section… 3rd lesson video

Femgolf1 May 05, 2021
    In your response above ” no need for the whole swing just the start….” Please explain sir. I use the SHOULDERS alone for the whole backswing!!

Femgolf1 May 05, 2021
    Please explain to me fuller what you mean by ” no need for the whole swing, just start “in our discussion . This will help my practice and conviction. Thank you so much sir.

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross May 05, 2021
    Sorry for the confusion… Yes, you use the shoulders for the entire back swing, but if you practice just the start, that is generally where the hands/arms take over. So by just practicing the initial start over and over again, it can help the shoulders learn to take command right from the start and control the back swing. I also edited my original comment above to help clarify.

Femgolf1 May 05, 2021
    Thanks for the clarification.

Femgolf1 May 05, 2021
    Are the videos for membership only. How can one pay to access them if one must pay. I am in Nigeria, West Africa. I really want to watch the Stop- ROTATE video.

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Yes, you can access over 90 lesson videos. Here is a link to learn more and purchase to access the Member’s Area and all the Lesson Videos. https://duplessisgolf.com/membership.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.