ROTATION through to FINISH

Home Forums Ask Ross or View Student Q&A ROTATION through to FINISH

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Femgolf1 Nov 22, 2021
    Dear sir, lately I discovered I have been finding it unusually difficult to ROTATE through to FINISH balanced in my downswing . This was very easy for me in the past not until a few days ago. Though I have been doing a lot of aerobics to keep my weight down. But I don’t want to believe it’s the reason because the want of flexibility was one of the reasons for the extra exercises in the first place.
    Please help me with some of the things swing technicalities I need to watch out for to correct this error. I am so depressed and now desperate to get back to my former smooth FINISHING swing/ rotation to FINISH balanced.

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Nov 22, 2021
    If your weight does not stay at least 60% on the front foot during the backswing, you will find it hard to rotate because you have will have to shift your weight back to the front foot before you CAN rotate. No weight shift on the backswing… just wind up the shoulders… then you should be able to unwind from ground up on the downswing to a nice balanced finish (as long as you don’t stop your rotation midway and let your hands/arms take over to hit at the ball)

One other reason maybe: Not setting up in Balance. If you are not set up Centered, in Balance, it is very difficult to rotate to the finish. Check to see that your weight is not on your toes and you are not reaching out away from your body. You should feel centered and a feeling of sitting down Athletically just before your backswing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.