Right wrist angle slightly bent in to prevent FLIPPING

Home Forums Ask Ross or View Student Q&A Right wrist angle slightly bent in to prevent FLIPPING

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have noticed lately that with a little focus on keeping the right wrist a little bent in on the grip helps to keep the left wrist flat or even reasonably bowed in and during the swing to prevent FLIPPING. I want to maintain this shape THROUGHOUT the swing particularly for the reasons that it makes ROTATION in the DOWNSWING smoother and easier since there is no FLIPPING. It also makes for more power as there is no way you can want to hit at the ball with this WRISTS shape. Your take on this will be appreciated sir.

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Great! Exactly. That angle of the back wrist (or in other words, right wrist for a right hander) helps keep the shaft in line with the front arm. This shaft in line with the front arm will have the grip end of the club leading the club face… and that is critical for a solid shot/putt. If there is hinging of the wrists on the backswing, it will more than likely make you “flip” or “throw the club head” through impact. It is almost impossible to hinge the wrists on the backswing and then create a shaft in line front arm through impact …. the club head wants to flip… Thanks Femgolf_10 for the great insight.

Participant

Thanks so much my teacher and mentor. I have discovered since I entered your virtual Academy that you are a great teacher and you have demystified the game of golf and you want to share it with mankind @ those interested. I have improved tremendously to the envy of my club mates. And I am serious. I dont mis the fairway and my short game is good. I was playing off hc 12 when I met you , now I play off 6. ???????? The issue is that that wrist want to flip. And flipping is the reason for so many issues in the golf swing including difficulty with full ROTATION It is in struggle to prevent FLIPPING that I discovered this idea and it allowing for easy, smoother and fuller ROTATION and of course straighter shots. When I combine this thought with the video on ‘ square club face ‘ I so much enjoyed my ball striking. Thanks so much sir.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.