Right Elbow

Home Forums Ask Ross or View Student Q&A Right Elbow

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anthony225 Nov 12, 2017
    Ross,
    I notice in your full swings that your right elbow seems to immediately drop straight down to your right hip. I also notice that the tour pros do this as well. At the start of my swing, my elbow is further from my hip and it does not drop straight down to my hip. I practiced the Ross Move many times, but it does not seem to cover this because in the Ross Move drill your right elbow is not bent. Should the right elbow drop straight down to the hip at the start of the swing? If so, how do I do that? Is the swing a drop and turn motion? All of my efforts to far to pull the elbows down in front of my body using my hips results in my right elbow not dropping to my hip (although it eventually gets in front of my hip but higher up and closer to my rib cage.)

RossRoss
    Keymaster

No, the arms do not drop or move on their own. The arms are brought down by the body unwinding. Everybody has different body styles and shapes, so movement will look different with different individuals.

Make sure you’re not adding and extra lift (of the arms) on the backswing. That can disconnect the arms from being controlled by the shoulders.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.