Iron shots and the Ross move

Home Forums Ask Ross or View Student Q&A Iron shots and the Ross move

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Femgolf1 Sep 17, 2020
    I have been practicing your basic lesson @
    Setup
    Shoulders alone back straight and slightly up
    Then as shoulders are done body takes intact TEMPLATE through to FINISH.
    With the driver I am improving. But is this the same as the Ross move that makes iron shot so powerful? . Is there any difference between iron swing and driver swing apart from setup?
    I struggle with irons now. Please help for confidence on how to hit my irons purer. Thanks Ross.

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Sep 17, 2020
    There is no difference between Drive and Irons except ball position… same swing and mechanics. If you tell me more about the specific struggles you’re having with irons, I can help direct you to Lesson Videos for help.

Femgolf1 Sep 22, 2020
    Thank you Ross for always being there for our struggles. I watched the Ross Move video over and over. I see you generating a ton of power in the drill down @PULLING the club down and impacting the ball. But I think the hands ate supposed to QUIET as one rotates. This aspect of pulling the club down in front is a bit confusing. Please help with exactly what you mean when the hands and arms are expected to be quiet. Thanks.

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Sep 22, 2020
    The hands and arms are not pulling the club down. The body starts unwinding and the hands and arms are brought down by gravity and by the body turn, unwinding and accelerating. You’re kind of “slinging” them using your body turn. The body turn is bringing them down and around to the left (if this makes sense).

Femgolf1 Sep 23, 2020
    Thanks so very much for this clarification. We are still saying the same thing as in Absolutely PASSIVE ARMS AND HANDS IN THE SWING PROPELLED BY THE THE SHOULDERS ON THE BACKSWING AND THE BODY ROTATION IN THE DOWNSWING.
    THIS IS WHAT I HAD BEEN WORKING ON AND HONESTLY IT IS WORKING SO PERFECTLY. WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE ROSS. THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR COMMITMENT TO US.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.