High popups with driver

Home Forums The Swing The Swing in General High popups with driver

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pullturn Apr 15, 2017
    I am new to the swing but showed consistency with irons and fairway woods today at the range.
    I had success with the driver initially but eventually began hitting weak very high drives left of center (right hand golfer).
    It’s hard to analyze without video I know but does anyone have any thoughts?
    Thanks.

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Apr 15, 2017
    Most often any pop up will have a “flip” at impact. Flipping is generally caused by the back hand throwing the club head into impact, so loft has been added and it is weak. What goes hand in hand with the flip is the “stop rotating” by the body (to support the flip).

If you focus on keeping the setup shape* through impact and make sure your body KEEPS TURNING all the way to the finish, you’ll end up (with practice) with a boring trajectory and more distance. You can start with very soft, short, controlled drives that have a complete turn while maintaining the shape through impact. Then as you get it down, speed up your rotation through impact.

* This is the shaft in line with the front arm … flat front wrist … elbows pointing at the hips.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.