Down the middle

Home Forums The Swing The Swing in General Down the middle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Peterswont Apr 21, 2015
    Thanks Ross.
    I lost the thread where you suggested some modifications to my swing. You were spot on.

On the analyser today I was able to hit very straight and further than normal but more importantly EVERYTHING was much more consistent. upon reviewing your takeaway video in the golf application it was apparent I was also opening my face on takeaway.

Here is something that I tend to overlook, after twenty or so hits it starts to go south a bit. After sitting out for five minutes the shots are better again .Muscle fatigue plays such an important role.

Thanks Ross

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Apr 21, 2015
    Yes, muscles do get tired (especially when you play towards the end of the round). Also, you’re new to keeping the face square. You can’t just tell yourself to do it and expect many years of a habit to go away… Time & Effort. You will get better and better each time you remember to keep it square… one day, it will be muscle memory.

Peterswont Apr 21, 2015
    I forgot to add. When one manages to keep that lead wrist engaged and leading the hit feels so secure and stable, not to mention straight and max return for the effort put in.

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Apr 21, 2015
    YES !! you got it. One thing… the lead wrist does not lead on its own (or help), it is being pulled by the body rotation. Great find Peter.

Tallguy Apr 22, 2015
    One Thing I’ve found, too. If you try to go back to your “Old Swing” and time the release with your hands, it doesn’t work! We all need to just keep on working & doing the drills. Thanks For being there for us, Ross!

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Apr 23, 2015
    One other thing the drills do is “maintain” your swing. Some golfers think you “figure” some move out and then you “have it”. Or, they practice something for a while and think they’ve “got it now”. They may for a bit, but if you will need to reenforce and maintain it (this goes on into the future) or you can loose it. Don’t beat yourself up. The body is not a machine. Just start again with the basic drills and you’ll get it back pretty quick. BTW, even machines need maintenance to keep working.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.