45 Degrees

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ayersjj Nov 29, 2017
    Ross, been a Ballard student since my mini tour days. After college I thought to get to the next level I needed to do what the pros were doing. Hal Sutton and Curtis Strange. Both Ballard students that really throw the club @ ball with right side. Anyway seems like many leave his theory in search of another. Makes me wonder if it isnt a timing thing that becomes an issue with the toe up instead of 45 degrees. None of the teachers are doing this except maybe 1 planners w Hardy. Wish I kept with the sq2sq method bak in the 80s for it seemed to make me a better player not flipping at it. My misses are both ways now when toe is up and its time to come bak! This pic is me tryn to keep the toe up and all I can do it come over top. Im 55 and dont want to spend another 30 years @ the range again.

i will be working on 45 degrees now. Wonder why so many get off track with toe up?

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Dec 01, 2017
    You can also work at keeping the shaft inline with the front arm (front wrist flat and back wrist bent) longer through impact. Your photo has a little back hand flip look. Feel more like you’re dragging the arms/club around to the left, using your body rotation. Turn through (accelerate) all the way. Nothing happens at the ball.

Hard to go bak to that swing after 30 years w Ballard. If I keep all the angles I set @ address things stay throughout the swing body and arms

RossRoss
    Keymaster

Ross Dec 02, 2017
    Maintaining the angles forces you to learn to use the Large Muscles (shoulders & body rotation) to get the job done.

Participant

I remember spending hours getting the toe “up” only to have to get rid of it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.