Reply To: stack and tilt

Home Forums Ask Ross or View Student Q&A stack and tilt Reply To: stack and tilt

RossRoss
Keymaster

Ross Apr 03, 2017
Thanks for the nice comments.

Golf is about 2 things… direction and distance (that’s all). I would like to also mention, there are many aspects of golf, and the golf swing is only one part.

My method uses the entire body at impact, as a sum to move the ball. All of the body mass is being used*. I incorporate an athletic move to the golf swing, like throwing any object. We use the Large (more repeatable) Muscles to move the arms/club for more reliable impact, and that equates into more accuracy with both direction and distance. I’m not implying you’ll hit the longest 7 iron ever, but you’ll hit it straighter and about the same distance each time, due to a square face at impact and finding the sweet spot more often.

I guess what I’m trying to say is … the hands are only a small part and all they do is hold the club. If they “flip” the club head everything changes (path, face angle, shaft angle, loft, direction, etc.) and we know what happens next… golf can be more fun when almost** everything below the shoulders is maintained letting the big muscles do the work.

* More mass is more efficient at times … like pitching a ball out of deep rough. The body mass rotating, can pull the ball out much easier than a stationary body using the arms or hands (much weaker)

** The elbows need to bend a little (at different times) depending on the shot, but they do not move on their own.