Reply To: Body Tilt

Home Forums Ask Ross or View Student Q&A Body Tilt Reply To: Body Tilt

RossRoss
Keymaster

Ross May 13, 2017
My body is slightly tilted, because my back hand is lower than the front on the grip. I am trying to feel like my shoulders are level (not back shoulder dropped). My shoulders are not rocking during the swing. They’re trying to turn around my spine on the backswing, then unwind the opposite of how they wound up. I only feel my shoulders working on the backswing. When they unwind, they are being unwound and dominated by my torso/legs (just like you unwind when you throw a ball). Personally, I don’t feel my shoulders doing any work when I throw a ball forward … they just go along. Now, I might feel my arm or hand try to help when throwing a ball for different effects, but we don’t want the arms/hands doing anything but keeping the face square.

The arms/elbows/club are all brought down as a package. One elbow, does not move on its own. I also do not feel like my back arm/elbow are straightening out on the downswing. They are just working close together. The back elbow will straighten out much later after impact and is not an active movement.

One thought that might help you, is to think of the back elbow pointing down (sightly bent) on the backswing… then the opposite happens on the follow through (the front elbow points down). You have to be careful with this thought because it is easy for the face to start opening and closing. This though is for you Anthony. I don’t go into elbow detail like this because it does not have to be discussed. We want to focus on the Shoulders controlling the arms. Large Muscles can do the work.