Reply To: Hitting The Ball Left

Home Forums The Swing The Swing in General Hitting The Ball Left Reply To: Hitting The Ball Left

Larry45 May 25, 2018
Okay, Ross, thanks…that makes perfect sense. As I said in an earlier post, I’m 73 and have lost some flexibility and distance over the past few years. I think what I’m doing to compensate is taking the club back too far, to the point that I’m losing that vital connection between arms and body and getting out of balance besides. In this swing it is imperative that the arms and body stay connected, and the only way I can accomplish that is with a shorter backswing. What’s frustrating is that I know that, that my best shots are made with a short backswing allowing me to stay connected and in balance throughout the swing. Why my brain keeps telling me to take the club back farther is beyond me, but I have to learn to fight that impulse and just take what my body will give me.

As I’ve said many times, this getting old has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, especially when it comes to golf. Thanks for your insight, Ross; it has been most enlightening and I sincerely appreciate it…